Heavy duty belt tensioner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I may have been mistaken about changing out my tensioner pulley.... I was just looking through past ebay feedback, and I may have used a new GM 12456152, which is the whole assembly. Either way, the orginal lasted a very very long time, and I had no catastrophic failure.

Now I kind of want to go digging through my parts shelf to see if I installed that new tensionor, or not.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i used a dayco
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’ll see how the bearings work but now I’m probably rebuilding the engine so I might buy a dayco, they seem to be one of the few not being made in a communist country

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most GM tensioners use a 6203-2RS-C3 bearing. I try to get a quality brand like Koyo, NTN, etc. something that is not made in china. Mexico or south america is ok IMO and much better than china... We source quality bearings at work and have found much greater service life out of them.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most GM tensioners use a 6203-2RS-C3 bearing. I try to get a quality brand like Koyo, NTN, etc. something that is not made in china. Mexico or south america is ok IMO and much better than china... We source quality bearings at work and have found much greater service life out of them.
That would be my chain of command too.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the NSKs I ordered are actually gold box Japanese. I’ve seen some white box NSK from other countries

I thought about ordering bearings with a ZZ designation but like the idea of popping off the rubber seal and greasing.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most of the NSK stuff ive used the last few years has been china unfortunately. The ZZ designation is generally for "high speed" or harsh environments aka metal shields. i always see them used in electrical motors at work. A bearing guy told me to not use them unless absolutely necessary as the grease leaks out faster/more easily. we often replace the metal shielded bearings with regular shields in electrical motors. usually these bearings are not serviceable and we found the non-ZZ bearings were lasting longer.