Heavy duty belt tensioner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had to replace the one on my Suburban 4-5 years back, went with an OEM GM part and no issues since. My red truck is still running the original as far as I know...

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On mine, the bearing was molded into the pulley. It was the original from 99... and made by Gates in Canada. I think the replacement Gates pulley had a Chinese bearing unfortunately.
This is my original from my 96 with 46k on this part, I pulled bearing seals off each side and repacked with grease. It’s ready to go back in when needed. It has Made in Canada bearings too.

Running a newer one currently with added grease, they look way too under greased new. The other in pictures is a Continental, but it’s NOS and Made in Canada. Stamped right on the bearing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand of pulley do you have that the bearing isn't molded in?
It should be a gates, I’ve replaced the bearings in it before but from a smooth idler pulley (I was desperate and that’s what was available)

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my original from my 96 with 46k on this part, I pulled bearing seals off each side and repacked with grease. It’s ready to go back in when needed. It has Made in Canada bearings too.

Running a newer one currently with added grease, they look way too under greased new. The other in pictures is a Continental, but it’s NOS and Made in Canada. Stamped right on the bearing.
The more research I did showed everybody (name brand) but dayco had made in Canada stamped on them. Most running NTN bearings or no name bearings.