heater problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
im having an issues with my heater it blows but it doesnt blow hot just a lil bit not like it should dont understand. anyone got an idea please let me know whats going on

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
1 possible culprit is the blend door.

Another is the blend door actuator.

Another is the control head.

"it doesn't blow hot" isn't a lot of info to troubleshoot over the internet....

Get your noggin down under the dash and look to see if the rods/levers on the side of the HVAC box are moving as you make selections. That will at least confirm or eliminate a few things.

I assume it's a 98 by the user name?

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
1 possible culprit is the blend door.

Another is the blend door actuator.

Another is the control head.

"it doesn't blow hot" isn't a lot of info to troubleshoot over the internet....

Get your noggin down under the dash and look to see if the rods/levers on the side of the HVAC box are moving as you make selections. That will at least confirm or eliminate a few things.

I assume it's a 98 by the user name?

I think we may keep you around here, you always have helpful answers without being overly rude +1 for you :waytogo:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Along with GW's suggestions, I'd think that your heater core may be plugged.
Squeeze the hoses leading in & out of the H-core. If they feel hard, or sound like they're full of Corn Flakes, then drain the anti-freeze, backflush the cooling system, maybe replace the heater core & the hoses & refill with new anti-freeze.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I think we may keep you around here, you always have helpful answers without being overly rude +1 for you :waytogo:

Thanks, i try...Although i'm not quite sure if you're saying im a little rude or not!

:lol:

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Thanks, i try...Although i'm not quite sure if you're saying im a little rude or not!

:lol:

Nah most guys bash the crap out of someone just because they need help, some members forget that some people aren't as mechanically inclined as some of us :rofl:

ksalling

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck is a 91 but I had the same kind of issue.... ended up replacing the heater core. 30 min job in my 91 it might be a bit harder in the newer trucks though.