Heated seat module...Where is it hiding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have installed the Denali heated seats in my Tahoe. The passenger seat works fine. The important one, mine, does not. I read somewhere that its rare for both elements to go bad, and generally one will work, and one won't (back or bottom) I was thinking it is that heated seat module.

I have looked under the seat and can't locate this elusive module. Has anyone ever seen this thing? I would love to have it work before it gets too cold out...

Thanks!

Shawn

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If both the cushion & the backrest heaters are not working in the one seat, I'd be checking the on/off switch. They can get wet from driving in the rain with the window open, causing corrosion. Someone might have spilled a drink on it in it's previous vehicle. Dirt & crud could have built up in there. That switch is not in the best location.
Could be as simple as a broken connection to the switch.
The driver side seat also gets much more use than the passenger side. The heating elements in these seats are embedded into the foam. Those elements are made of very fine wire, & with use, they have been known to break.
The seats that I have in my '98 also have the heaters. They are not hooked up. The covers looked fine other than the usual wear & tear, but when I recovered them, I found that the heating elements had been broken, & were shorting out. So badly that the foam had been melted to the point that it was almost not useable.
Only time that I've ever had a prob. with a module was with some aftermarket POS. Not saying that isn't possible with the factory seats, but I'd check that switch first. Quick & easy. Got a test light?

97Rabbit

Reaction score
How hard is it to wire the heated seats up? And what year Denali can u use to make them? I want to put them in my 97!!!thanks Terry

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Power & ground. If you get to pull the seats, try to get the quick connect plus as much of the wire that you can past that. That way you don't have to hard wire the seats into the truck. If they ever have to come out again, it's as simple as 4 bolts & unplug the connect.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Never seen those before.
Apparently the NHTSA is doing a study with the idea of setting guidelines & standards for seat heaters, such as auto turn off sensors, heat limitations & quality controls. The big 3 manufacturers have had to settle more than a few lawsuits over them due to multiple probs. Mostly vehicles that are older than 3 years, which seems to be the lifespan of the heaters.
I can understand why people like them. They must because they're available in many of the lower end offerings now. I'm not a fan of them, though.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is a relay under the seat you will have to unbolt the seat to get to it.