Heated Seat grid inter change ability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmule

Reaction score
I was going to replace the cushion heater mat in my 1999 Tahoe and have found that it looks like the coil grid is sewn into the cushion cover itself.
I have also found that later years have the mat that is glued to the cushion foam.
Does anyone know if the older style cushion can be retrofit with new style heat grid on the cushion?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Do you have both on hand? I would measure the resistance of both to make sure they are the same. If they are not then your controller will pump way too much heat into the element or burn out the controller trying to push past too much resistance.

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to replace the cushion heater mat in my 1999 Tahoe and have found that it looks like the coil grid is sewn into the cushion cover itself.
I have also found that later years have the mat that is glued to the cushion foam.
Does anyone know if the older style cushion can be retrofit with new style heat grid on the cushion?
Did you ever find an answer? I have a 99 2 Door I need to revive the heated seat function on.

Whoever had this car before recovered the seats & obviously tossed the heater grid.