Headlight Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Theres an O'Reillys down the street from where i live and they only have the stock OBS taillights and components on the shelves, no headlights. They might carry them in the back though.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, Im working on making my own projector headlights. Ive always loved the look of projectors, but all the aftermarket headlights only use them for low beams. I want them for both low and high. And because they are projectors, they dont need a reflective background-its all internal. Also, the aftermarket uses puny little projectors (about 2 1/2"). So, I acquired a few sets of Mitsubishi 3000/Dodge stealth headlights (94-99 I believe) which use projectors on both low and high beams, they're 3 1/4" in diameter, and a cool thing I discovered is that they use the same bulbs and connectors as our trucks. And man! do that put out some light! And thats before aftermarket bulbs, As soon as I get a ways into it, I'll start a build thread-just need to scrounge up a couple of sets of headlights that have clear lenses. If any of you have any laying around getting dusty, let me know.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I'm getting stuff together. Gonna need to punch a hole in the radiator support though. Heres what i got so far;

The headlights after I extracted them from their housings.
You must be registered for see images attach

Top view

Back view

Front view

I made a rough sketch of the housing.

And a sketch as to where they will go

Looked all over the county for some UHMW plastic to make a mount out of-finally found some...

Like I said, I need to clearance the rad support for the high beam housing. Got a couple springs to keep tension on it and it should work pretty good.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These Headlights and Parking Lights look sick. Anyone know if theyre any good or where to get them? It looks like you can get the headlights on ebay but i didnt see the parking lights with them. I like how the parking lights look just like the headlights with the chrome backs but still black on the sides.

attachment.php

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea those look like them except the trim around the parking lights is chrome instead of black. I think I might be buying these suckers if i can find them with it black instead of chrome.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I think that is silver plastic, not chrome, and would easily be paintable. I bought my lights/parking lamps from that seller and my ring around my park lamps is silver plastic that I want to paint black.

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I know I can paint them but if im buying them new I dont wanna have to deal with that bullshit lol. Plus its cold as f*ck here now and I dont have any real good place to be painting anymore.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I hear ya, but these are so small, I'd tape off the lights, scuff the ring, put them in a cardboard box, and dust them with a couple coats of flat black Krylon...indoors. I do interior parts in the house all the time in a big cardboard box.