Headlight Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
pics please? Mine aren't bright enough :lol:

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Well I got the HIR's in the mail Saturday, but I didn't have time to install them until today. After it got dark I went for a ride, and boy did they make a difference. I mean a whole lot of difference. I am very pleased with these, and I've learned to never put HID's in halogen reflector housings.

Told ya. :D You got the Philips HIR bulbs right? I've read that they are just as bright or brighter than the Toshiba bulbs, but since they don't have the reflective coating, I don't see how that would be possible without greatly reducing their life span or requiring extra power. I really want to pick up two sets of HIRs for my Avalanche, but I'm really hesitant since the Avy's headlight housings don't take very well to extra-power bulbs, nor do I want to spend $100+ on bulbs that might not last very long.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had silverstars in both of my trucks they didn't last long so for about the same money as replacements I went with hids

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had both Silverstars and Silverstar Ultras. The plain ones DO NOT last that long. The Ultras last longer and now they have a 1 year warranty on them, from the Zone anyway. I have had them in the 97 I sold my dad with different housings for over two years. He drives mainly at night too with it. I might go with HID's like RAGMC did because they are not that much different in price now. My .02

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You won't like the light output. But if that's what you really want, I have a set of HID's for our trucks, that I would sell, that has less than an hour on them. They are Xentec's with 5000K bulbs.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you hate HIDs so much? Did you put them in stock housings without glare caps?

Sent from somewhere in MN

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, I put them in some new TYC Elegante housings. They do have glare caps. I don't guess that I hate them, in the right application, I just found out the hard way that they don't belong in reflector housings. The HIR's that I got to replace mine blow the socks off the HID's. The low beam HIR2 is rated at 1400 hours and the high beam HIR1 is rated somewhere around 320 hours. The low HIR2 is rated at 1875 lumens and the high beam HIR1 is rated at 2500 lumens. A 35W, 5000K HID is only rated at 2800 lumens, and they're not made for reflector housings and HIR's are.