head bolt torque/ angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oilspot

Reaction score
Starting to torque down the heads in the truck. Got the drivers side head on. Initial 22 ft/lb. torque done. So I go to use the angle guage thing I got from orileys. Man is that thing a piece of ****. I had them order another hoping the one i got is just a defect.

Even if the tool works as possible man what a pain in the ass. So much stuff in the way.

any tips/ ideas

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. WHAT ENGINE???

2. WHAT ANGLE GAUGE are you using?

When I needed an angle-gauge to torque-angle the heads on my Lumina, I bought the one from Lisle that has a flexible arm on it. The arm clamps to anything immoble, keeps the gauge from turning. Worked fine for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-28100-Torque-Angle-Meter/dp/B0002STSW6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3NB6P10QASIIA&dchild=1&keywords=torque+angle+gauge&qid=1589178900&sprefix=Torque+angle+,aps,213&sr=8-3

You must be registered for see images attach

Gotta say, I'm surprised that there's a GMT400 TBI engine that needs Torque-Angle head bolt procedure. When I slapped aftermarket heads on a 5.7L Vortec short block, I did it by torque only, in three stages ending at 65 ft/lbs.