Have you ever wondered what happened to your old truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Not many of us here that can remember (that sounds so 'old'!) buying & selling muscle cars & street machines for cheap.
10 year old 1st gen Z-28's for $1500.00-$2000.00! Mach 1's, BBC Chevelles, 442's, GTO's, all around the same ballpark prices.
But then, a pack of smokes was $.47! A pound of hamburger? $.47! A gallon of gas was cheaper than that!

Yep. It was great until the mid '80's. Then the prices went through the roof! I couldn't afford them after that.
My list is just the few I knew about. I've had plenty of other musclecars that flat disappeared after I sold them.

My '69 GTO that I own now will be with me until I die. Hopefully it will be finished before then!
Once you own a classic musclecar, they get in your blood, and never go away.........at least, in my case, that's true.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A handfull of late 60's and early 70's chevy C10's and countless camaros, all 2nd gens, no tellin where theyve ended up. Most everything I sell is to soldiers and they usually buy them and move away. My Toyota 4x4 was sold and I saw it buried to the doors in the same spot for 3 weeks. My CBR1000RR was wrecked within hours of the sale.

The only vehicle I have ever seen driving after being sold was my 86 K10, probably a dozen times over the years, never saw the same driver in it twice.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

Birchyboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Meh. It's like a former girlfriend. Once I've gotten everything out of her that I wanted, I don't care where she ends up.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
The only car I miss is my first car, a 71 Monte Carlo with a 402 BBC. Paid $450 for it, did some cleaning and upgrades, sold it 2 years later for $4500 to pay for college. Last time I saw it was about 10 years ago and it was ratty as hell. I really miss it!

98chevyz71

RESIDENT CHOP GUY
Reaction score
WELLLLLLLLL I do know where my dads 2001 is after he sold it in 2010.... Its in my garage again
So in 2010 he traded it for a 2006 and i cried because i love it like a family member so i searched for it on every site you can imagine for 2 years then we found it and went to buy it but it had been stolen and they took the rims, radio and cut the engine wiring harness and it was totaled out by the insurance company of the dealers and it was lost for about 2 weeks then it showed up on copart and we bought it back got it rims tires and an wiring harness then its back on the road today as my Dads Daily driver.
You must be registered for see images attach

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sold it to a guy I was working with at the time. Then I moved and would see the truck pretty regularly when I was around, but he sold it and I have never seen it since. I do know that if I saw it again I would know it was mine. I have actually hunted for it for a long time, and I will keep hunting for it. This is the only thing I have ever had that after selling I wanted it back, everything else has been like Birchyboy said.

smburnette

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 1995 mustang cobra. Black with black leather interior. I sank a fortune in that car. Found out I had a kid in the way and sold it on eBay to a guy in South Carolina for 8k. I miss that car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
'97 5 Speed 4.3. Doesn't look like much, but I bought this when I was 19 as my first "nice" vehicle with about 60k on it. Me and that truck went from one side of the country together more than a few times. Matter of fact, I found an old registration to this a while back and ran a Carfax. The man I sold it to (now 72y/o) still owns it in Albuquerque. I've seriously though about calling him up and seeing if he'd be willing to part with it, but afraid that'd be a little weird. lol

This one I sold about a year ago. 8 years, 200,000 miles and IIRC I counted something like 33 states I'd had it in. It about killed me selling it.