Have you ever wondered what happened to your old truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, Skylark got my baby.....
Yeppers, thank you very much! It currently looks like a complete truck, the 94-98 GMC grill and lights are just hanging because I will paint the grill and replace the headlights with the new ones. The bumper is on but the filler panel panel doesn't fit quite right so I will swap the bumper brackets. I have washed it up decently but haven't waxed her yet because I'm not sure how I'm going to address the peeling clear coat on the roof. I still need to polish the wheels in a bad way though. I siphoned the cruddy fuel and pulled the pod off of the tbi and swapped on one from dads truck (the 4.3 injectors are hosed and the regulator just dumps all fuel right back to the tank) and got it running. It runs like poo and the oil pressure was quite low even with clean used oil and a new filter (one of the reasons for the donor truck). Once dads wedding is out of the way and I finish his truck the green truck gets the LS.
I will be rocking the GMT800 parts truck for the 21 days (trip permit) following this Friday because I needed an extra vehicle during having all of my family here. Imaging picking my Grandma and Aunt up at the train station in Klamath Falls in that! It will also go to Roseburg to do some fishing with my brother in law on Tuesday, Portland on Wednesday to pick up family members on my new step moms side of the family. I'm fairly confident that it will do just fine once I change the intake gaskets on Saturday. I will also use the 800 as a beater truck when hauling horse manure from Selma, trimming trees, pulling brush and pretty much not giving a rip about it as long as mechanically it ends up in one piece. It will have one heck of a grand finale before I strip its guts out and sell them to the highest bidder on craigslist and evilbay.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
1994 ECSB 4x4 Green/Silver- Popped up for sale a couple years ago, sold and havent seen it since, owned it in 2009.

1995 ECSB 4x4 Brown- Dad bought in 2000, Sold in 2010, Bought back in 2012, sold it in 2013, saw it around for awhile, then at wreckers with passenger side smashed in, havent seen since.

1989 RCSS 4x4 Blue- Traded it for '96 in 2012, dude drove it for abit, then sold it, havent seen since.

1993 ECSB 4x4 Burgundy/Brown- Bought, never drove, sold it, dropped off the face of the earth.

1996 ECSB 2wd Red 7" lift- I traded for it in 2012, Lifted it, then traded it in Feb, 2014, Seen around town a couple times, then it was put on the net forsale, then 2 weeks ago i was driving through a town 3 hours away, saw a nice lifted red GMT400 in a gas station from the rear, thought to myself "nice truck" then i realized it was mine, Looked good!

1987 Ford F150 XLT Lariat 4x4 Red/Black- Rowdy 306 dart headed SBF, rusty, uncle bought in 1990, sold to a cousin, we bought it in 2008, got it going, i drove it till the cab literally split in two, sold it as parts truck for $600, dude took it to town 1 hour over, i found him on facebook last month, he crashed it and pulled the 306 to stuff in a foxbody.

1996 Ford F150 XL Green- Bought it for winter beater for $500, levelled it, aftermarket wheels, muds, sold it too guys up north for $3000, havent seen since, i search Kijiji and CL quite often for it.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know where mine is still. Getting pummeled by gravel and all sorts of mess as a "Gopher" at a flea market yard.

Maybe one day I'll buy it back and make my first kid drive it as their first car.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
1994 C2500 ECLB - grandpa's truck (only 86,000 miles), was in damn good condition, I was out a truck for a while so he had no use for it, never officially bought it but I did drive it for a year. Did regular maintenance on it and fixed a few things. Time came when I no longer needed it so I gave it back. Then he let my cousin borrow it. Now it's trashed, huge dent in the bedside where he kicked it, never sees any attention, runs like crap, and now needs a transmission. Somehow that dumba$$ blew up a 4L80E. IDK if i'd give Grandpa $500 for it now......

1996 K2500 ECLB - bought it, drove it for a year, then came the electrical gremlins, kept attempting to fix it and wound up way in a financial hole, sold it to a friend for $900. Soon to be a SAS'd mud truck on 44's.