What tool out of everything you have do you regard as your best investment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snap on 3/8 in drive metric impact sockets (both deep and shallow). Bought them used on eBay for $200 and love them. Every single fastener comes off easier with them whether I use an impact, an electric ratchet, or a regular ratchet. Maybe it's psychological, but they're the best tool that I've ever bought.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Gotta be my air compressor(second one,first got too noisy).It's a cheapy from HF but works well.I still use air tools on occasion and also use it for blowing up bike and vehicle tires for myself & neighbors.also use it for blowing leaves around and cleaning up the driveway.Blows up birthday balloons well also :)

Jwill945

Reaction score
Best investment/biggest return? I have a Great Neck multi-tool I bought when I first started driving. I think it was $20 at Walmart. I’ve now had it 30 years and still use it all the time. I broke the handle cover off of it, but have done everything from adjusting headlights to skinning deer with it.

Distant second is a Pittsburgh 225 piece Mechanic’s tool set. It is not all encompassing, but has saved my butt plenty of times when I was driving clunkers. I just bought my 18 y/o son one for his Jeep.