Haters Gonna Hate, My '06 Mustang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've talked a bit about my Mustang, and today I actually thought to get a pic. I'm brand-agnostic. I don't give a crap about Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs Imports. If it's fun and fast, I like it. If it's custom and pretty, I like it. If it's rusty and ugly but still rolling, I like it.

It's a 2006 Mustang GT. Hate if you want, but it's been my extremely reliable daily driver since 2008. I got it with 4,000 miles on the odometer, and its nearing 195,000.

You must be registered for see images attach

The shaker hood was an option on the SN95 Mach 1 Mustangs, and Classic Design Concepts built a kit to put the factory Mach 1 shaker hood on S197 Mustangs. The previous owner (my best friend's dad) bought the car and immediately put the shaker hood on it. It's a pain in the rump to work on the engine with it. Pretty much any maintenance requires removing it first.

2006 Mustang GT
4.6L SOHC 3-valve V8 - the engine is bone stock internally
Cold air intake / shaker hood - the shaker hood makes no more power than a normal aftermarket cold air intake
Ford Performance 24lb/hr injectors
NGK coils
Steeda Pro-Action struts
Summit lowering springs
Steeda strut camber plates
BMR rear axle lower arms, upper arm, and panhard bar
Ford Performance aluminum driveshaft
Ford Performance 4.10 ring & pinion
Raybestos pads & rotors
18" 5-spoke wheels with 255/45-18 front, 275/35-18 rear
Factory "Shaker 1000" stereo system

That's it. Every modification was done to fix a problem. The upper strut mounts started popping - so it got the camber plates and lowering springs. The factory driveshaft started whup-whupping, so it got the Ford Performance piece. The diff got noisy, and the FB Marketplace diff I got just happened to have the 4.10s in it. The BMR pieces got added since I was already swapping axles.

I still haven't made a 1/4 mile pass with it because the best advice I ever got was "never race a car you can't afford to walk away from". It has been autocrossed, and I spanked a handful of stock Miatas with my mostly stock Mustang back when Mustangs didn't autocross. Now you'll see them at every meet.

But rest assured that I'm not done with WCJr nor Roscoe. They'll still get some lovin'.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mustang GT is definitely one of the all-time great affordable fun cars. You should do like the guys here do and leave your class and number on the car 24/7. Just in case anyone didn't know you auto-x. :)

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the green paint, and the rims.
Thanks! Jeff had the car all planned out when he bought it, and he ordered it in that color. I think it's one of the best car/color combinations I've ever seen. It's nearly twenty years old and I still get comments at the gas station. I think he drove it straight from the dealership to the shop for the shaker hood. A few months later he got the wheels and tires from Tire Rack and brought them over so I could install them. Then he asked me to take it autocrossing to see what it could do. I had him ride along on every run.

It also had a lip spoiler when I got it, but a raccoon took it out. With the car now being lowered, I really don't want to put one back on. The car sits less than 5" off the ground, and if I put the autocross tires on it (the factory rims with shaved 245/40-17s), it's an inch lower. I have to pull up on the fender to get the jack under the car to change wheels.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is the one I couldn't find, had to remake it myself. I threw dark horse in there because I really didn't want to throw the hemi a bone.

You must be registered for see images attach

Around here a Mustang or a C5 aren't gonna start a conversation at the gas pump. I have a feeling that'll change when I move back to a small town.