Has anyone done a LS1 TB swap yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
ebay seems to be showing 4.8/5.3/6.0 TB's with the LS1 TB's. Next time I'm at the junkyard I'm going to see if a NBS TB fits and OBS.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
NBS up to 03-04 will fit. i think when they went to cat eyes is when they changed most of them

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Don't take this as being a dick, just going to teach ya. Polar, LS based engines all had cable driven systems until hmm.... 04? all fbodies were cable driven, some gtos i believe were fbw, and everything now is fbw.

Depends on the vehicle. All 3rd gen LS engines are cable driver while all of the 4th gen LS engines are drive by wire. But you are correct, there are plenty of cable driven LS throttle bodies.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Sometimes you can find a year overlap in most vehicles, but anything pre-2005 should be gen III with an actual throttle cable.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I'm tearing apart mine now.... Wondering if i took my shaft off of my vortec TB and make it fit on this one.. Hmm.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how you adapt the throttle body shaft to work on a 350. Isn't the cable arm thingy pressed on the end of the shaft? I'm not to familiar with the throttle bodies on the OBS and NBS.