Has anyone done a LS1 TB swap yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Heading down to my buddies house tomorrow where we are going to grind down the shaft and then flatten out another portion of the shaft to make it work.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Boom. I'm done. I had to cut grind and weld the end of the shaft to make it work for the tps sensor. I got it down to .3% tps. Thats the best i could get it so im leaving it lol

Lextech

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never done them that way. I grind the weld off of the LS1/Gen3 throttle body at the cable attaching arm. Then rotate it and match its clocking to the smaller Vortec throttle body. I tig weld it and try not to introduce too much heat into it. Too much heat can warp the shaft and fatigue the spring.

Jeff

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Lex, are you talking about the very end o the shaft? I still got another shaft sitting here that i may mess with some more.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
I keep throwing a p0122 code which is tps a circuit low input or some.. What does this mean

Dobby97

Reaction score
So you gave the whole deal up?
I was kinda wondering how you where going to go about getting more fuel since you have now incresed the air?
And I mean that as if you where gonna finish it out and use it.