Halo and Projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I'm not up to date with the projector lights, so I have some questions about them.

Are they HID lights, or just normal? How is the visibility compared to HIDS, and can you install an HID system into them?

Same with the HALO lights, is the only difference from an OEM type lens just the Halo ring?

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
halos are really bright, but really expensive from what i have seen, most of them are also smoked but idk some might be clear

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the halo projector lights off ebay come with a halogen bulb in them but can be changed to hid bulb we installed a set on my girlfriends 99 silverado they look sweet

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Projector headlights come with halogen bulbs its just a magnifying glass to intensify the light, you can install hids in them. Halos come in clear, smoked, and black and most of them are just like regular lights except have the ring around the light.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I bought my Halo projectors off ebay atleast 5-6 years ago and they still work amazing. They weren't that expensive either. Can't remember exact price but somewhere around $120-180. I bought them way before HIDs were popular but now that I got them glad I did. Alot of people diss the halo lights but honestly they look killer as long as you get one simple and not over done.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Alright, I'll look into that. The Projector with HIDs seems like a cool idea. How's the fitment on them? Pretty close to OEM?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You might have to do a little grindage on your grill, around the headlight openings, from the back side, right where the clips that hold the lense covers are on the lights. On a 45 degree angle, or so. What your doing is kind of giving the opening a knife-like edge. Gives the (after-market) lenses the ability to 'swing' inside the opening. Keep back from the actual exposed openinigs. The clips tend to hang up on inside edges of the grill, making aiming of the lights difficult. Use a mini angle grinder, with a fairly fine grit. Go slow. Too fast & the plastic will melt. Only take a little off at a time, 'cause once it's ground off, you can't put it back (!) You can't test fit the grill too much. On/off, on/off, on/off. Tedious, sure, but better safe, than having to buy a new grill, or having to live with a screwed up one, which you WILL see every time you look at your truck. Even if no-one else sees it. Good Luck.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
From what I've seen, and I think it's pretty common, they have a bit of a tilt to them. Usually, the corner of the lights by the grille is higher than the ones towards the outside of the truck, look at my sig if you need a picture. I need to straighten mine and aim them down. That's the only reason I haven't gotten some HID's yet, because mine still shine a little high. Other than that, fitment was pretty good. Mine still work and look fine, and they're a couple years old. didn't have any leaking problems in the headlights or parking lights themselves, either.
I had some water getting into the corners, so I took them off, let them dry, and used a black silicone RTV sealant around the edge to seal them up, haven't had any problems since.

*edit: sig pic is too small to see. Here you go.
You must be registered for see images attach

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Well, I know aftermarket's will always have some kind of tilt, but I mean mine are really wobbly when I touch them, washing or whatever. The mounts under the grill seem to be loose, or the light itself. But all the bolts and screws are as tight as they can get.