daytime headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I don't know about a 2000 model GMT800 but I can tell you on our 2006's pulling the DRL relay in the underhood convenience center stopped the DRL's, no problem. Ours have been disabled for many years. The 800's use a high wattage bulb next to the turn signal, instead of burning the low beam headlight at a lower voltage.. and for some reason those bulbs seem to burn out quickly. I got tired of messing with them so I just pulled the relays.

Richard
thanks I will have to tell him to look for a relay(s)

TICK

Reaction score
well guys, i thank you for such a easy fix. i pulled the fuse, labeled, DRL/FOG #15. that seems to have taken care of it. lights still work. now i got to tackle the back up lights on my 89. but the rain is coming back. so i'll get back to ya'll when i got it on the lift. thanks again.

Attachments

• fifflestyk 067.jpg
    fifflestyk 067.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 5

PNWMike

Reaction score
Shortly after I got my '99 Suburban, I removed the DRL module from below the steering column and removed the DRL bulb from the instrument cluster, and that solved it for me. Not sure about other years/models, though.

I'll control my own headlights and have them on when I want them to be on, thank you very much. :)