Half dash lights not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CKVortec

Indian name is "Walks on Knuckles"
Reaction score
I've never done this swap, but keep in mind that LEDs are polarity sensitive.
A regular light bulb will light no matter what side gets positive or negative, an LED will only light one way. If one doesn't come on try switching it around, most dash lights I've seen will plug in two ways 180 degrees apart.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I've never done this swap, but keep in mind that LEDs are polarity sensitive.
A regular light bulb will light no matter what side gets positive or negative, an LED will only light one way. If one doesn't come on try switching it around, most dash lights I've seen will plug in two ways 180 degrees apart.
This. When LED bulbs don't work, always flip it 180 degrees. 99% of the time, it will work.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You cannot use an LED bulb for the ABS indicator. It actually throws a code on the ABS module for the indicator circuit lol. An LED should work for the Airbag indicator, but do you have the passenger airbag switch on? If it's off, that indicator will stay on.

Kcd24

Reaction score
You cannot use an LED bulb for the ABS indicator. It actually throws a code on the ABS module for the indicator circuit lol. An LED should work for the Airbag indicator, but do you have the passenger airbag switch on? If it's off, that indicator will stay on.

I haven’t had a chance to mess with this yet today. I do not have a passenger airbag.

Kcd24

Reaction score
Flipped bulbs today. Turn signals now illuminate but that was the only change. I did notice that my headlight switch stays illuminated 100% of the time. I don’t remember that happening previously. I’m thinking maybe the switch itself has failed.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flipped bulbs today. Turn signals now illuminate but that was the only change. I did notice that my headlight switch stays illuminated 100% of the time. I don’t remember that happening previously. I’m thinking maybe the switch itself has failed.

I could of sworn the headlight switch stayed on 24/7 but somebody on here said it turns on whenever you turn on the switch. Mine is original and the light finally went out years ago.... need a new one lol

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My headlight switch is illuminated 100% of the time. It's been that way the 6 years I've owned it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk