Had some spare time so I decoded my RPO codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it many times that GM recycles some RPO codes. If we followed the generic lists blindly, I'd still be wondering where the 18 speed transmission went from my '93 3500, according to the widely-circulated "RPO Master List" from 2003. MT8 is not an 18 speed manual overdrive transmission. It's the 5 speed manual overdrive transmission (early NV4500.)

Following generic lists for RPO G80 may lead you to believe you have a positraction rear differential in your GMT400. No. You have a locker, the Eaton Gov-Lock. Thinking it's a posi would lead you to use the wrong lube additive and potentially cause issues with the Gov-Lock, which requires that you use no additive.

Richard
I know it doesn’t have a posi rear end, i replaced the diff cover gasket and have done burnouts it’s one wheel peel unless the other side wants to grab.I understand the gm uses RPO codes over and over

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it doesn’t have a posi rear end, i replaced the diff cover gasket and have done burnouts it’s one wheel peel unless the other side wants to grab.I understand the gm uses RPO codes over and over

I know you don't have one, but:
As @someotherguy stated, GMT400 trucks got a locker, not a posi unit, and if equipped, it will in most circumstances allow a one tire fire burnout.
Ask me how I know...

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know you don't have one, but:
As stated, GMT400 trucks got a locker, not a posi unit, and if equipped, it will in most circumstances allow a one tire fire burnout.
Ask me how I know...
Oh I see what your mean, if i gun mine of the line it will spin both but if i power brake it only spins one

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It was an example of how one can misconstrue what a particular RPO code means. I didn't look to see if G80 was on your list or not.

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your doing a VIN search. But what are looking for? What is your objective? Do you want to know if your truck is what the the vin describes? Or do you want to know what options your truck was built with? Here is a vin breakdown for a series of years.
You must be registered for see images attach