Grease zerks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I like your farm engineering but one of these would have also worked

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtautoguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Similar to this one, and mine has a flexible hose on it maybe 8” long? Usually what happens for me by the time I get the gun to the zerk the front of the gun is partially off the ground so one hand has to hold the gun to the zerk and then I only have one hand to pump a grease gun that’s partially in the air.

I also realize that my tip could probably use replacing to one that stays on the zerk better. I don’t feel bad about making that tool it works well and will last longer than I’ll live. I am a little upset about the cost to make it but it is what it is
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave-up "lever action" grease guns decades ago.

This fixes all your grease-gun problems.
You must be registered for see images

www.amazon.com/LockNLube-Pistol-grip-Grease-Gun/dp/B07SVGHNPV/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1ZI04J55Q8BJI
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Although, if I ever need a different grease-gun, it's going to be air-powered. (There's less-expensive alternatives to this one, but without the wonderful Lock 'n' Lube zerk connector.)
You must be registered for see images

www.amazon.com/LockNLube-Pneumatic-Grease-Single-Continuous/dp/B0931Y9MDR/ref=sr_1_9?crid=2NFQ2JGCZ19I3
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was rummaging around through the NAPA web-site a few days ago, and found a permanently-mounted grease zerk-on-a-hose that would attach to a greased joint, with the zerk remotely mounted somewhere "convenient". I can imagine that would be useful, but at $30+ each, not realistic for my purposes.
www.napaonline.com/en/p/NCP2786121?impressionRank=138

Last edited:

User_name

T.B.I Guy
Reaction score
@Schurkey look man, don't go air powered. Go electric, either a Milwaukee or dewalt.
The Milwaukee I have has a dial for a set number of pumps.
Unlike air, you can take it anywhere. I use mine on everything from 18 wheelers, heavy equipment, front end rebuilds, atvs, and anything else. It beats pumping a gun or dragging an air hose around.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The type of gun @Schurkey posted(aside from pneumatic or electric) is the way to go. One hand pumps, other hand free to reach down from top.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery--cordless tools in general have become very popular. I used a battery-cordless grease gun when I worked at The Bus Plant. In that environment--used every day, charged every night--it was fine.

I refuse to own another battery-cordless tool in my hobby-shop. The batteries are always dead when I want to use the tool, or I have to keep them on the charger for weeks at a time between uses...and then the batteries stop holding a charge.

I have NO use for battery-cordless tools. God bless home-made fresh-squeezed air, or plain ol' plug-the-cord into-the-outlet electric tools.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Battery--cordless tools in general have become very popular. I used a battery-cordless grease gun when I worked at The Bus Plant. In that environment--used every day, charged every night--it was fine.

I refuse to own another battery-cordless tool in my hobby-shop. The batteries are always dead when I want to use the tool, or I have to keep them on the charger for weeks at a time between uses...and then the batteries stop holding a charge.

I have NO use for battery-cordless tools. God bless home-made fresh-squeezed air, or plain ol' plug-the-cord into-the-outlet electric tools.

I don't like batteries for the same reasons. I've got a Craftsman cordless drill that my dad gave me. I've hardley used it, and when I do I always have to charge it first. In all fairness it's old enough such that it's not lithium ion. I am interested in maybe getting a cordless impact, but I still haven't spent the money becasue I'm just really leery about putting that much money into something that takes a battery.