Got the front of my truck sideswiped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks to toyota tacoma owner that wasn't on his side of the road, the front of my truck got sideswiped this morning. Its getting a new grille, filler panel, Im pretty sure a bumper, a reflector, maybe parking lights, headlight, and the headlight bucket. The bumper brackets also seem to be tweaked. And it looks like some how the GMC emblem is messed up.
I told the cop that guy was on the wrong side of the road, the cop asked him if he was, the guy replied "I don't remember", trying to avoid admitting to it. My insurance company told my dad they will make sure his insurance pays for the damages.
So, I'm gonna see how much its gonna cost to the grille color matched. I'm also gonna get clear parking lights, and LMC's clear/amber reflectors. I think I'm just gonna have them get another bumper like mine. I might get LMC's lighted bumper, Part #39-9892. And since everything is geting replaced, I think I'm getting a new air dam.

I'll post pictures of the damage after work. If anyone has any ideas of what else I could do to it while its getting fixed, let me know.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, and I'm gonna see how much its gonna cost to get the hood painted. It got a minor scrape from the wreck, but it was the spray paint so I'm sure they won't fix that. But recently, the clear coat started to peel, and badly, so I might as well just ask about that while I'm getting her prettied up.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, but if it were me I would get genuine gm oem parts. Some of the chinese stuff from lmc can be questionable.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish the guy that side swiped my truck would have stopped.

But as Al said, try to go with genuine GM parts.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It will all be GM parts, except for parking lights and reflectors. I'm still undecided about the bumper, I'm thinking of just getting another like mine.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You can see the driver side headlight shines to right further than the passenger side headlight.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a little corner right there and he was coming around it while I was pulling out. I pulled out, maybe 3 feet and the guy hit me. Its hard to explain. And this road is wide enough, you could easily have it 3 cars wide. I'd bet you could fit 4 cars on it. He had no reason being on the wrong side of the road.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
weird man. draw a diagram for us. was it a two lane and you were taking a left?

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its an unlined 2 way. I was turning right, and he was coming from my right.

Last edited: