Going from Buckets to Bench... Issue!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone else gone from buckets to a 88-94 60/40 bench? The drivers seat looks and mounts perfectly.

The passenger side is high as giraffes ass in the middle. Anybody experienced this before? Fix?

Thanks,

Blayne

Attachments

• 2011-07-10_16-39-54_736.jpg
    2011-07-10_16-39-54_736.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 25

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I have one truck with the Escalade buckets. Power everything. Love 'em. My dog hates 'em. My other truck ('97) has an early style bench with the armrest. It's not as good as the buckets, but it's a lot better than the original seat that came in the truck. I like it, the dog loves it! The '95-'98 bench seats have got to be the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. I hated it, my dog hated it, my chiropracter loved it.

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Problem fixed... went with a straight bench with fold down armrest. :)

What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

I had a 60/40, broke it, and now the astro van seats are showing their age. I decided that my next seats will match the rear.

nine4gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i wanna go from bench to split bench like the first post.

ricerocket1135

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

I had a 60/40, broke it, and now the astro van seats are showing their age. I decided that my next seats will match the rear.
I paid $150 to a local guy for the split bench, then just swapped out for the full bench seat. I could have probably gotten some money back from him but was tired of messing with it. I went to his shop and unbolted my seats and just put the bench in. I even let him have my old buckets and console that had seen better days.

i wanna go from bench to split bench like the first post.

If you are in DFW I can probably get you a pretty good deal on the one I swapped out if he still has it.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have one truck with the Escalade buckets. Power everything. Love 'em. My dog hates 'em. My other truck ('97) has an early style bench with the armrest. It's not as good as the buckets, but it's a lot better than the original seat that came in the truck. I like it, the dog loves it! The '95-'98 bench seats have got to be the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in. I hated it, my dog hated it, my chiropracter loved it.

Man I agree, the 95-98 bench is terrible, I would rather have the 88-94 bench anyday.