Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So I suck in a way that I didn’t think to take any pictures of me replacing my window wiper cowl which is the ********* plastic part that is between your hood and windshield that the wipers come up out of. Wife sourced me one new from gm and she ordered it though a dealership she had to call 2-3 times to get the lazy aaa parts guy to get it sent out to the house! It just showed up this past Thursday a she ordered it week before Xmas!! I took a quick picture of it fully installed it’s time consuming but it’s able to be done without taking off the hood just wipers and the hood light unplugged then a dickery do of going from driver side to passenger side don’t throw away the small ends as they aren’t part of that part they’re separate parts! One for each side they cover over the hood latch. So it’s 3 pieces all together but the 95% is the one big piece I took a quick second picture of the one smaller piece it’s hard to tell as it’s made to look like one continuous piece. It’s not a day and night difference but mine was broken on the passenger side and had a rattle that I didn’t figure out until some time ago.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So I suck in a way that I didn’t think to take any pictures of me replacing my window wiper cowl which is the ********* plastic part that is between your hood and windshield that the wipers come up out of. Wife sourced me one new from gm and she ordered it though a dealership she had to call 2-3 times to get the lazy aaa parts guy to get it sent out to the house! It just showed up this past Thursday a she ordered it week before Xmas!! I took a quick picture of it fully installed it’s time consuming but it’s able to be done without taking off the hood just wipers and the hood light unplugged then a dickery do of going from driver side to passenger side don’t throw away the small ends as they aren’t part of that part they’re separate parts! One for each side they cover over the hood latch. So it’s 3 pieces all together but the 95% is the one big piece I took a quick second picture of the one smaller piece it’s hard to tell as it’s made to look like one continuous piece. It’s not a day and night difference but mine was broken on the passenger side and had a rattle that I didn’t figure out until some time ago.
Yup those little parts on the side, are what your truck's hood hinge breaks if the back bolt comes out, like it did on the crew cab. I actually need a pair, because the passenger side one on Burb is broken, from the mis installed fender/hood assembly.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Thank you tbc! It’s not easy by no stretch but I enjoy the work not all of it lol but I do truly enjoy a “cleaned” vehicle!! It’s the details that really make all the difference when you park and have a comparison with a washed vehicle as the vehicle can an usually is still dirty in a multitude of spots! Wheels rear end lower rockers etc. but taking the time even when cold outside I wipe off the water and clean off the wheels which is a multiple times effort to be clean and shiny! I need some better weather just a bit warmer so I can do some better cleaning as I don’t have a heated space to do so and I no longer live down the street from a full service wash. Which was nice $20 for a light interior cleaning and a top wash then about a mile to park it in the garage! But now it’s a 3 mile drive and impatient drivers! An don’t I dare get out an wipe off my ride while waiting to grab my kids from school oh no but it’s totally normal to go wait in the building for up to a full half hour and bring an animal that poops or is not trained but above all that isn’t to be on school grounds! Oh it’s not a newer vehicle with a big over inflated payment so you must not be paid well ontop of everything else! Smh when in reality I make and live better than most people grabbing their kids I’m just not living to show off to others I’m living for me and mine. But I got side tracked there lol but I Schmood up those two small pieces with back to black as they are just a little sun faded so they could blend in with the new piece and hopefully soak in some of the product to be restored some. But my piece was broken on the passenger side that butted against the windshield and rattled around while on the highway. But I do say definitely be patient if you’re going to do this replacement as it’s not fast and wait to flip big piece before you try undoing the washer sprayers they come off easier than you think I thought they were clipped in/down but their not just clipped to the big cowl piece and there’s more screws than you think!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Just washed her in between getting off work and picking up the kids from school but I had to go over her 2-3 times to get all the extra water off and the wheels are a multiple times effort to get clean! lol but it truly makes all the difference! I even juiced the tires since they needed a shine.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Thank you for your likes and your admiration!! Im enjoying a shorts brewer mule beer!! Tasty not high alcohol but just plain tasty lol my favorite beer is no longer made by bell’s brewery “official” was my favorite but they quit making it ☹️ so now it’s this an huma-licous from shorts but that’s 7.7 per can! IPA

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
My daughter and I Went out to pick up dinner for the family a pizza and I had some nice lighting for an extra nighttime pic! Just shows how nice it looks even at night! Lol no filters just a quick snapshot

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Cleaned her up yesterday while kiddos were playing outside. Did a once over on exterior as I drove through a dirty puddle and had dried splashing on my front and rear quarters and front doors. I used griots garage speed shine product mixed with about 1.5/3’s reverse osmosis water from the house to stretch the product out especially when cold/winter time. As when using certain products they leave streaks of the product on the surface so then your vehicle looks dirty since most products need a certain temp to work properly.
I definitely cleaned off them wheels like “Tommy shoe shine” “make ya shoes look like Fffffff mirrors” !! lol billy batts. Then my boy said he wanted a picture with HIS TRUCK lol so I snapped a couple but I don’t post my kids on the internet anywhere so I made him look like he’s planning a robbery! lol he totally got a big laugh out of it!! lol here’s couple pics and of my detail bag there is a random orbital in there too which when the weather is actually good I’ll throw some real wax on the Escalade and mamas srx!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to add my glovebox options list I honestly do not know what anything means! lol