Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
sooo has anyone ever seen or attempted to move rear seat back a few inches? I have the cargo shade and it’s be life changing to have the rear seat about a inch away from that vs 5-6” it is now from the factory! Or since newer gens have seats back a lil bit more would those brackets possibly swapable? Or lightly modified to make that happen? That’d be a great option for 800-900’s also since they aren’t much better or are the same! Giving away my million dollar idea here!!! Lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
No 2 door Escalade nor Denali only Yukon sports and tahoes and and I’m not sure on module but grab it and have it for if needed!! But some suburbans came with the fender cladding but that’s it not the full body and bumper treatment and yes a few have been modded to look factory but most 99% don’t get it right because they missing extra cladding and interior is still regular Tahoe/Yukon but a nice upgrade to a grey interior would be sourcing a safari van wood steering wheel which is same as my Escalade but in grey not “bone/shale” color . Chip foose did one on overhaul but Changed frontend to 800 Escalade vs 400 which is ok but 400 just works/looks better and sorry but I think second gen Escalades have aged the worse than 400’s but that’s me. I’m talking about a actual really nice ones not ones knock on hell’s door steps!! Lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Here’s pics of it finished but the guy had a lot of it done already if I recall correctly lol
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don't have the volume 4 of my Chevy shop manuals, which is the body book. Probably the information I want is in there....
If these trucks in the yard are still fairly intact, I want to get as much as I can haul outta there, off them. If I don't use it, I'm sure someone else can.
I had wanted to transplant the two tone leather seats and such out of our '06 Denali ( since it's a Yukon XL, an 800 series Burb), but nobody has said if the second or third row will fit w/o too much modification. I know the front seats won't need much since they're buckets and my Burb has buckets and the torpedo console.
My other concern is making the seat heaters function as close to factory configuration as possible. The body control module, does it have anything to do in this? I'm not sure if the harness in my Burb has the connectors for the seat heaters, but if the 400 series Esky/Denali do have that option, I want to grab that harness too. I'm probably over thinking this, but I'd rather do too much research than not enough!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I stopped and looked at it today, looks good. I'll post about it in the "Stuff that catches my eye" thread....

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
For all interested I possibly buying a 400 Escalade now is that time!!!! Good ones are super hard to come bye and others aren’t worth buying due to the headaches of missing too much of what makes them a Escalade vs Yukon/Tahoe! Or have been “fixed” but with substandard parts as non-chromed door handles leather seats are in poor condition missing wheels,running boards,rear headrests,body color door handles etc.. but in the end they are a dying bread that not that many where made to begin with but are a great top of the line gmt400 ! Just not everyone knows it! Lol

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
sooo has anyone ever seen or attempted to move rear seat back a few inches? I have the cargo shade and it’s be life changing to have the rear seat about a inch away from that vs 5-6” it is now from the factory! Or since newer gens have seats back a lil bit more would those brackets possibly swapable? Or lightly modified to make that happen? That’d be a great option for 800-900’s also since they aren’t much better or are the same! Giving away my million dollar idea here!!! Lol
I see what you mean about the cargo shade. I got one out of the Denali at the yard, and I saw that gap you mentioned. As far as I know, there's no way to change the way the second row mounts, without a lot of work.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So here’s the buyers guide dealer Brochure and few new pics after a long wait ! Lol

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score