Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Sooooooo idk if anyone has seen some of the prices for gmt400’s lately but whoa! Talking what I would consider good car money 12k plus money for even 185k and up mileage!!! Crazy but I reached out to hagerty ins. On a “real world value” of my Escalade and my reply was $3500 like wtf!! You gotta be either wanting to scam me outta my ride or just took Kelly blue books basic assessment for pricing!? But either way I’m sure as born at night but it surely wasn’t last night!!!! Like I have the kbb app an that ain’t the value of my ride!!! But I guess since I’m not buying insurance that it doesn’t matter for that person that answered my email. But maybe I need send in a email to what’s my car worth tv show?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sooooooo idk if anyone has seen some of the prices for gmt400’s lately but whoa! Talking what I would consider good car money 12k plus money for even 185k and up mileage!!! Crazy but I reached out to hagerty ins. On a “real world value” of my Escalade and my reply was $3500 like wtf!! You gotta be either wanting to scam me outta my ride or just took Kelly blue books basic assessment for pricing!? But either way I’m sure as born at night but it surely wasn’t last night!!!! Like I have the kbb app an that ain’t the value of my ride!!! But I guess since I’m not buying insurance that it doesn’t matter for that person that answered my email. But maybe I need send in a email to what’s my car worth tv show?
Here's the thing. It is only worth what some else will pay for it. That being said, in today's market, that a lot. The regular insurance agency has no idea, what that is. They but punch some numbers in the CPU, and out spots a number. There are a ton of GMT400 out there that are in excellent shape, like yours. These are the high value vehicles. Once your truck is 25 years old, it should be considered a classic. At least it is here in Louisiana. At that point, it qualifies for special rates. There are places that specialize in this type of insurance. Also, if your are willing to pay for it, you can insure it for you vehicle for as much as you want to, but only to a point.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I was expecting more than what I have done an can do to assess the value. But what a disappointing outcome I also sent pictures in/outside of my ride too. An I’ve thought about ins. For a worth of 15-20k but haven’t took the time to do so I guess I was expecting “them” hagerty to hit me back with something real since that is what they do but to hear that back tells me that they’re more like Allstate than what they project themselves as on tv.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Part of it may be that everyone doesn't consider these trucks"classic/collector" vehicles yet.