gmt 400 to 800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khaos88gt

Reaction score
Im trying to find out if the gmt 800 gmc sierra body panels will bolt onto my 98 gmt 400? Ive seen the front end of an 800 on a 96 but dont know if it just bolted up or if he custom did this or what. Anyone know for sure, what about doors, bed, etc?

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
It's all different, to graft it together it requires a lot of time, body work, and custom fabrication

Edit: ...and the final product usually doesn't line up right and looks like ass

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
It does require a lot of cutting and splicing and is a huge job. There was a small write up on how to do this mod in Street Trucks magazine a few years ago, it might be on their website. I've seen some good looking finished products BUT not many.

khaos88gt

Reaction score
well that stink

I guess Ill just stick with a nice after market front end and bumper. So what about door handles do they function the same?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess Ill just stick with a nice after market front end and bumper. So what about door handles do they function the same?

They function more-or-less the same, but again, you can't just bolt them on and be done with it. You have to cut out a section of the door of the new truck around the handles and then cut out a section of your door to weld that one into. As far as bodywork, it's about the same basic process as shaving your handles.

You're working with 2 completely different generations and platforms of trucks here. Parts don't interchange without work.