GMT 400 Hydroboost swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took more photos of the lines. I see one of the threaded lines goes to the back of the pump, the other to the gear box then one is the return to the pump. What about the second return hose to the pump ?

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpeg
    IMG_0118.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    464.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 3

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys. Almost finished the hydroboost install, all the lines have been installed, tested and system was bled. The only two issues are 1 I purchased the wrong brake rod that wont work with the brake switch(new one on order), 2 I removed a lower bracket for access and now I am having issues bolting it back up & it is causing the steering column to droop to one side. I did have a chance to test drive it and the pedal and stopping power are great!
I hope to have time in the up coming weeks to finalize the install and complete the issues.

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
I just replaced the power steering pump and reservoir as a late step in completing my hydroboost swap, and I seem to have a slow leak comin from the larger output fitting on the pump itself (not the fitting on the hard line). Of all the issues I had with my old PS pump this wasn't one of them.

I did get a 96 style pump and line to delete my 98 factory EVO valve without an extra part. I've loosened the line and tightened the fitting a little with a 1" wrench twice now. Just keep going slowly till it stops?

Solution: Still had my old pump and reservoir so I swapped in the old output fitting o-ring and boom no more leak. Kina pathetic that a new seal can't do its job but a 5+ year old one still can

Pressure line fitting: 16mm
pump output fitting: 1"

Last edited:

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I received the new pedal rod but not sure if this one will work with the brake switch as the rod seems thicker than the original one. Anyone tan I to the same issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpeg
    IMG_0188.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0190.jpeg
    IMG_0190.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 8

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I received the new pedal rod but not sure if this one will work with the brake switch as the rod seems thicker than the original one. Anyone tan I to the same issue?
Solved and back on the road with great brakes! We took the pump to ABS brakes in Orange and they fixed the brake rod issue.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After multiple failures on multiple trucks of that bypass o-ring, I upgrade it now before installing. I can't speak to specific brands because I don't trust any of them now... it's just not worth the pita later.