GMT-400 goes beastmode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a Cherokee, my fiance has an 07 Wrangler and I think a CJ8 with a 6L and coils all around would be one of the most badass looking/performing Jeeps of all time. Im still batting the idea around of buying an older Wagoneer and dropping in a newer drivetrain as a daily driver :D

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Negatory on the 7 slot plauge. My sister owns a YJ (cam'ed, lifted, 31s, 4.10s) and its constantly having problems somewhere. Its nothing major, just stupid little odds and ends. Seems everyone I know/talk to that is extremely into wheeling that owns a Jeep says the same thing..."this is my (insert year and model). Its got/I want to drop in a gm smallblock, gm trans, 1 tons out of a chevy/ford/dodge, etc..." The only thing they tend to leave is the grille and sometimes the tub lol.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
^^^What i was thinking while i was reading it was "why leave the bare cab if there is that much custom fab work???"

Things like that don't make sense to me

88GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think its cause tube buggies are becoming a dime a dozen on the trails and they all look a like. Its kinda hard to have that rig that stands out when everyone runs the same thing. That and his last rig was a GMT-400 4door truggy.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats the thing I dont like about buggies, just a juble of tubes with a GMC/Jeep/Chevette.....blah blah grille. I appreciate the work and effort that goes into them I just like full bodied vehicles.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mmm, neither. Any creep in a Jeep can do what they please. But when I walk the same obstacle in my truck, everyone seems to be amazed.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been pulled out by too many or have you not been able to go as far in your "gay" truck that youre pissed????
have you seen his truck... if you think its gay... there is no way you like off roading... that thing is awesome, and i would take it any day over a jeep

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you seen his truck... if you think its gay... there is no way you like off roading... that thing is awesome, and i would take it any day over a jeep

Where I used to go offroading, rocky mountains, if any one brought a fullsize truck/bronco/blazer, they were the pain in the ass the whole time. They dont flex, cant get over anything, they broke lots of parts, got hung up on everything and were generally an inferior rig to any but a few stock TJ/XJ/JK. Unless youre talking about mudding,never done it and yeah, there, a long wheelbase rig with a healthy V8 and some big tires would kick the crap out of any Jeep.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where I used to go offroading, rocky mountains, if any one brought a fullsize truck/bronco/blazer, they were the pain in the ass the whole time. They dont flex, cant get over anything, they broke lots of parts, got hung up on everything and were generally an inferior rig to any but a few stock TJ/XJ/JK. Unless youre talking about mudding,never done it and yeah, there, a long wheelbase rig with a healthy V8 and some big tires would kick the crap out of any Jeep.

go look at his build thread... that thing can flex