Bye-Bye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Darn, going to have to say good-bye to GMT-400. Broke the crankshaft in my relatively new 383. As the Suburban is 30 years old, wife doesn't want to fix it, so its a parts truck now. She wants a newer truck. The sad part is that I put a lot of money into it to make it the ultimate tow vehicle. Went to start it a few days ago and ran really really rough. Shut it down. Thought it might be a loose plug wire, but all were connected. Tried again and was rougher then heard a big crunch, the harmonic balancer broke off of the front of the crankshaft. Then it ran better but the serpentine belt wasn't turning. I knew it was over, so sad. Enjoyed working with you all and thanks for all the help along the way.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Darn, going to have to say good-bye to GMT-400. Broke the crankshaft in my relatively new 383. As the Suburban is 30 years old, wife doesn't want to fix it, so its a parts truck now. She wants a newer truck. The sad part is that I put a lot of money into it to make it the ultimate tow vehicle. Went to start it a few days ago and ran really really rough. Shut it down. Thought it might be a loose plug wire, but all were connected. Tried again and was rougher then heard a big crunch, the harmonic balancer broke off of the front of the crankshaft. Then it ran better but the serpentine belt wasn't turning. I knew it was over, so sad. Enjoyed working with you all and thanks for all the help along the way.
You should still lurke and hit up the lounges. :)