Gauge cluster issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
It's a PITA but make sure the head is very clean before you bolt the strap to it. Same for the firewall. In fact take the time to clean all your grounds. Everything will work better.

Ken

jcain226

Reaction score
Bad ground/bad connection at the connector behind the IP. Pull the contacts out GENTLY just a little bit (go too far and they DIE) and gently clean them with a small wire brush preferably brass. Use some contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol (NOT beer) and a q-tip or 20 to clean after.

Be even nicer to the contacts on the IP skip the wire brush for the IP. They are even more fragile (Not Italian!).

The early model Moon gauges are hard to come by (expensive) if you kill it.

Check the ground strap behind the passenger cylinder head and make sure to clean both the connection at the head and the one at the firewall.

THEN we'll see if you have a problem.:D

95 percent of my electrical calls are bad grounds and bad connections. Checking the grounds/connections first will save you a bunch of time.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does IP mean?