G80 Gov-Lock Differential Thrust Washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on this thrust bearing? #16 on the diagram.
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm looking for what THICKNESS or TOLERANCE it needs to be.

Also, where I could source one or a few. I found the diagram and part numbers on GMwholesalepartsonline.com, but in case I can't get it through them I'd still like to see what other options I have. Also going to try calling GM.

They list the different sizes as followed:

Any help on it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have the part number you could try throwing that into Google. That should help you find some other sources if there are any.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
If you have the part number you could try throwing that into Google. That should help you find some other sources if there are any.
Thanks, fortunately they're not too expensive. I'm hoping the call to GM will help me figure out what I need. I'll probably end up getting all of the different sizes and then returning the ones I didnt use.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what is the part number you found?

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Well theres a few to pick from but here are some screenshots.

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
;) Ooh ooh..Do I smell a g80 refurb diy comin’?
Haha I have no idea what I'm doing so I probably wouldn't take my advice. Maybe after doing a couple of these would I feel worth sharing anything as fact lol

I will, though, share my experience (and mess ups) [emoji28]

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d think that the washer thickness is going to be whatever it takes to meet a spacing requirement between the pinion gear and the side gear. If it’s too much, you’d use a thicker washer. Too close, use a thinner one.

Not sure what that spec would be, but it would probably be good to have different thickness washers on hand. Matching what is currently installed is probably a good first step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArdentFab

Ardent Fabrication
Reaction score
Not sure what that spec would be, but it would probably be good to have different thickness washers on hand. Matching what is currently installed is probably a good first step.

Yea, I'm pretty sure the one that was on it was super thin, it got chewed up..

Well my main concern was that I had lateral movement on my left axle if I wiggled the right wheel while the truck was jacked up and in Park. Long story short, a friend sent this forum post to me and it put my worries aside:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=645235&share_fid=11843&share_type=t

Turns out, it's supposedly "normal" to have a little movement. Mine moves like 3/32", maaaaybe 1/8". Mine is also a used unit but the clutch packs looked decent so I didn't worry about it. As the clutch packs wear out, the movement increases a little.

I'm still going to call GM and try to get some info on it. So far driving it around and beating on it a bit, it's still good. No wierd noises or acting funny so we will see how it does at the autocross this coming weekend (3/17/2019).

Will update after event, preferably in one piece lol.