Fun on a budget- My 96 Sierra 2500 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I don't get any commission on them, I just like to let people know that it's a great product for our trucks.
this is the one and only time I feel the need to disagree and say that is incorrect or maybe agree to disagree with what our Queen HWB says we all have a sponsor in life no matter what we like to do and that sponsor is known as "my empty wallet" on top of that some people that go by oops are trying to get a hold of me

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
this the one and only time I feel the need to disagree and say that is incorrect or maybe agree to disagree with what our Queen HWB says we all have a sponsor in life no matter what we like to do and that sponsor is known as "my empty wallet" on top of that some people that go by oops are trying to get a hold of me
Oh I totally understand about that "empty wallet"...mine is that way more often than not.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
That vent lets any humidity that accumulates while the truck is parked, get out so it doesn't keep it from starting or running well.
I am going to look into these and see if they make one for the 4.3 got a pair of 98 s10s that could use this might solve the p0300 code problem they booth have

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn truck wouldn't start, just as I was about to take it out for a drive and run some errands. Started up just fine about an hour before, go figure. It fired up right away and ran perfectly, I don't know what the hell its problem is now. Damn this stupid truck and its not starting. Have the UMP vented cap and rotor coming from RockAuto. Hope that fixes the problem, this is really making me angry and I'm tired of it, I just want it to run every time I turn the key. This is not supposed to be my project truck, it's supposed to be a daily driver! What the ****, LOL. Sorry for the dumbass rant, just want to get it out of my system.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn truck wouldn't start, just as I was about to take it out for a drive and run some errands. Started up just fine about an hour before, go figure. It fired up right away and ran perfectly, I don't know what the hell its problem is now. Damn this stupid truck and its not starting. Have the UMP vented cap and rotor coming from RockAuto. Hope that fixes the problem, this is really making me angry and I'm tired of it, I just want it to run every time I turn the key. This is not supposed to be my project truck, it's supposed to be a daily driver! What the ****, LOL. Sorry for the dumbass rant, just want to get it out of my system.
It cranks but doesn’t start? When you started it earlier did you drive it at all?

454C2500Longbed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It cranks but doesn’t start? When you started it earlier did you drive it at all?
Not earlier today, I only drove it last night when I picked it up from my work. Started it up this afternoon to show my grandparents, that was about it, it didn't warm up all the way but it did sit and idle for a while. It's got plenty of fuel and it had spark, I pulled a plug wire to test with a screwdriver but I messed up and it shocked me pretty good, so I know it's got spark, LOL! Well, maybe the spark just isn't much good half the time cause the cap and rotor? I dunno, maybe the plugs are fouled? No, that doesn't really make much sense. It was weird because it cranked but didn't fire at all.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not earlier today, I only drove it last night when I picked it up from my work. Started it up this afternoon to show my grandparents, that was about it, it didn't warm up all the way but it did sit and idle for a while. It's got plenty of fuel and it had spark, I pulled a plug wire to test with a screwdriver but I messed up and it shocked me pretty good, so I know it's got spark, LOL! Well, maybe the spark just isn't much good half the time cause the cap and rotor? I dunno, maybe the plugs are fouled? No, that doesn't really make much sense. It was weird because it cranked but didn't fire at all.
You got to be careful checking spark with a screwdriver, it's not like the old days, they kick like a mule now and can seriously hurt you.