Full front LED’s with LMC Truck clear housings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94FSblazer

Reaction score
How's the light output? Are you running switchbacks for the parking lights? Also, is there much light scatter from these lights? Blinding oncoming traffic at all? Thanks!
I've got a set of glass clear headlights from Spyder with some nighthawk bulbs and the LMC heavy-duty headlight harness getting power directly from the battery. Very pleased with the output, but still tempted to go LEDs in the headlights.
I also bought the LMC 4-hi mod harness, but havent gotten around to installing. Where did you tie in the power for your 4-hi mod?
Looks great!

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's the light output? Are you running switchbacks for the parking lights? Also, is there much light scatter from these lights? Blinding oncoming traffic at all? Thanks!
I've got a set of glass clear headlights from Spyder with some nighthawk bulbs and the LMC heavy-duty headlight harness getting power directly from the battery. Very pleased with the output, but still tempted to go LEDs in the headlights.
I also bought the LMC 4-hi mod harness, but havent gotten around to installing. Where did you tie in the power for your 4-hi mod?
Looks great!

Light output is great. I haven't adjusted the head lights yet, but I left them on and got in my Altima and drove up on them. they weren't too bad, i just need to point them down slightly.

As far as the 4-hi mod, I did that my self. I bought a relay and tied into the power line for the high beam, so when you switch to high beams the high beam signal trips the relay and draws power from the battery. I think I only paid about $5 for the relay, and I had the wires in the garage. I set up my own HD harness, when I had to change the plugs to the 9006 plug. I used factory connectors and tied the factory headlight switch to (2) Relays to power the headlights.

I am not running Switchbacks yet. I am going to change over to them, just haven't done it yet. Been working on a Solid Axle Swap on another truck so this ones been on the back burner.

Tachyon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been dying to replace the Anzo headlights I have now and have looked at the LMC catalog lights a lot but wondered about the quality. Glad to hear someone is happy with them, makes my decision easier. The Anzo's are complete garbage that cost more than the LMC's. Can't wait to get rid of them.

I just wonder, with your 4-high mod, what keeps power from feeding back up into the switch? Did you include a diode, or use a multi-pole relay to disconnect the incoming low-beam wire or what?

Also have had bad luck with e-bay LED's including a fire, which luckily I caught right away because I tested them all first, so keep an eye on yours. Check for heat warping, burns, etc.

Anyway, looks good, thanks for posting.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been dying to replace the Anzo headlights I have now and have looked at the LMC catalog lights a lot but wondered about the quality. Glad to hear someone is happy with them, makes my decision easier. The Anzo's are complete garbage that cost more than the LMC's. Can't wait to get rid of them.

I just wonder, with your 4-high mod, what keeps power from feeding back up into the switch? Did you include a diode, or use a multi-pole relay to disconnect the incoming low-beam wire or what?

Also have had bad luck with e-bay LED's including a fire, which luckily I caught right away because I tested them all first, so keep an eye on yours. Check for heat warping, burns, etc.

I am running 3 separate relay’s. One for only low beams, one for only high beams, and one for the 4 hi mod. I know now I could have done it with 2, but I did the 4 hi mod first then added the other relays when I did low/hi HID’s.

One of my projects I’m working on is to redo the wiring and create a power distribution/fuse box to house all the relays and fuses in one place. The truck is an 89 so all I have is the junction block on the firewall.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

if you care to have great lighting maybe consider what i did....lots of good info by lots of good guys....check this out if you can wade through the thing.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/spyder-headlamps-my-take-on-em-and-lighting-in-general.36647/

those LED's masquerading as bulbs have no business in a reflector housing.