Front Receiver Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Westieterrier

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a used Curt on my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

It clears the plastic air dam. Good to have another truck camper on the forum!

I don't have many of just the truck and camper.
Hi Supercharged, that's a nice Lance! What year and model is it? How do you like it? It's much taller than mine, but prob. the same length. I'm new to the truck and the camper, both purchased from separate original owners. Thanks man. P

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I scored a Putnam front hitch off the 2000 K3500 I eventually wound up buying from the salvage yard; I had plans to put it on my 1996 K2500, just haven't had the time to throw it on.

And as far as the 2500 "HD" RPO code; I believe it's C6P that designates the 8600 GVW?

Westieterrier

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi BN, that's a great hitch and fairly clean. That's the configuration that won't fit my '99 C2500 pickup because it's not angled enough. The bolt holes line up, though. If you have the angled front frame, this hitch won't work. I just discovered this.

Thanks for the code comment, and, yes, I do have the C6P designation in my RPO sheet. So, does that alone designate my truck as an HD. I'm getting so many confusing and contradictory facts as I research! It's important because I will be hauling a 3,500 lb. Lance Camper and plan to put C3500 springs on her (I have the 5/1 now). Thanks for your insights. P

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi BN, that's a great hitch and fairly clean. That's the configuration that won't fit my '99 C2500 pickup because it's not angled enough. The bolt holes line up, though. If you have the angled front frame, this hitch won't work. I just discovered this.

Thanks for the code comment, and, yes, I do have the C6P designation in my RPO sheet. So, does that alone designate my truck as an HD. I'm getting so many confusing and contradictory facts as I research! It's important because I will be hauling a 3,500 lb. Lance Camper and plan to put C3500 springs on her (I have the 5/1 now). Thanks for your insights. P
I see that now; I never realized the C-series frame was angled up that much; I thought they flattened out similar to the K-series frames where the tow-hooks mount,
One thing to look at in addition to the springs is a set of air-bags? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a set for my 96 K2500 as it's a little soft in the rear hooked up to my travel trailer and my car trailer

Westieterrier

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see that now; I never realized the C-series frame was angled up that much; I thought they flattened out similar to the K-series frames where the tow-hooks mount,
One thing to look at in addition to the springs is a set of air-bags? I've been waiting to pull the trigger on a set for my 96 K2500 as it's a little soft in the rear hooked up to my travel trailer and my car trailer
Hey BN, I'm gonna start with the C3500 springs first, maybe new ones, then see if I need the AirLifts. I have them on my '66 El Camino and love them. Do you think the C3500 springs is a simple bolt-on? Lastly, what do you think of whether my C2500 is an HD model? Thanks man. P

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hi Supercharged, that's a nice Lance! What year and model is it? How do you like it? It's much taller than mine, but prob. the same length. I'm new to the truck and the camper, both purchased from separate original owners. Thanks man. P

The Lance is a 2007 1131 and I love it. Single slide, side entrance, dry bath, and a tent that kicks out the back.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey BN, I'm gonna start with the C3500 springs first, maybe new ones, then see if I need the AirLifts. I have them on my '66 El Camino and love them. Do you think the C3500 springs is a simple bolt-on? Lastly, what do you think of whether my C2500 is an HD model? Thanks man. P

To my knowledge the truck springs are interchangeable; and if it's got the C6P RPO code it's an 8600GVW, so it's a "heavy duty" truck

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
To my knowledge the truck springs are interchangeable; and if it's got the C6P RPO code it's an 8600GVW, so it's a "heavy duty" truck

Yes, and I believe the SRW 3500 also had the same leaf pack. Dually for sure added an upper overload. Can also look into GMT800/900 leaf packs.

mr_josh

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Josh, that's a nice camper! It looks about the same size as my 11.3 Lance LC 780, which is a whooping 3,500 lbs fully loaded. So, do you think that considering the 3.73 10.5 Axle; 8-lug wheels; 8600 GVW; and front frame configuration I have an HD? I have a 7-page .pdf of my RPO Codes kindly printed out for me by a super nice parts guy at the local dealership (love Oregon!), but I can't read it as I don't have the decoder. Thanks for your responses. P

Thanks for the kind words. Mine is a 10.5’ Western Wilderness brand. Fairly light for its size. What the RPO codes reference can be found pretty easy on the web with a little googling. Hope you have fun with yours, truck campers really are my preferred camping rigs.