Hitch receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy obs

Reaction score
Just bought a roll pan for my 98 but want to use the hidden hitch. Is there a special receiver I can buy or a modification I can do to use the same one I have

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you wanting a hidden hitch ? Or are asking about the receiver inserts? Or will your stock hitch fit with roll pan?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just bought a roll pan for my 98 but want to use the hidden hitch. Is there a special receiver I can buy or a modification I can do to use the same one I have
You need a hitch designed for roll pan use; they sit higher in relation to the frame ends and are recessed slightly. Regular hitches are designed to hang down lower and stick out farther towards the rear so they clear the bumper. You can't really search for them using the term "hidden hitch" because that's actually a trade name for a brand of receiver hitches that 99% of them have nothing to do with roll pans.

This one was the Draw-tite # 41522 on my old '94 C2500LD
You must be registered for see images attach

You'll also need a fold-down license plate frame. I modified this old OEM frame from a car that had the filler neck behind the plate.. so that it could be bolted in at the top (just welded a couple straps of steel in) since the pan design I had didn't allow for thru-holes at the bottom

Richard

98chevy obs

Reaction score
You need a hitch designed for roll pan use; they sit higher in relation to the frame ends and are recessed slightly. Regular hitches are designed to hang down lower and stick out farther towards the rear so they clear the bumper. You can't really search for them using the term "hidden hitch" because that's actually a trade name for a brand of receiver hitches that 99% of them have nothing to do with roll pans.

This one was the Draw-tite # 41522 on my old '94 C2500LD

You'll also need a fold-down license plate frame. I modified this old OEM frame from a car that had the filler neck behind the plate.. so that it could be bolted in at the top (just welded a couple straps of steel in) since the pan design I had didn't allow for thru-holes at the bottom

Richard
Awsome thank you so much