Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you didn't hit anything? ****** just went up like that? And it was the fuel line to blame?
I worked at the dealer. Ford sent some kind of "team" to look at it. Very hush-hush operation and the only thing I was asked which came from the Bodyshop manager was if I had any intention of suing. They swept it under the rug and I had accepted a second van.

It just went up in smoke 2 miles up the road from the dealer. Less then 6 miles on the clock with the complementary full tank of fuel.

Rumor has it I was not an isolated case

Last edited:

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check inline tube. They probably have them or can make them if it's not in their catalog. Plus they offer them in stainless for like $20 more

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was it only the 88-89 that had the braided lines in the front? Someone on here said the where PTFE from the factory.

Twin_Flyer

Reaction score
When I needed the rear line for my '99 Suburban, I went with Gas Tank Renu. Nylon lines rated to 900 PSI, came pre-made to the correct length and fittings installed.

Fit Perfectly. and were only $99 for the rear set. Front also available.

https://www.gastankrenu.net/shop

After my truck has been sitting for two years, because the engine was blown up, I finally got my truck running once again! bad news is that my front fuel lines are toast. I have fuel everywhere except in the throttle body... I can find the rear section of the fuel lines, but nobody has the front sections. I have a 91' Chevy C1500 Long Bed with a 4.3L V6 with a 5-speed. If somebody can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated!

88monteSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't realize those were factory on my 88, I just figured someone had replaced the hard lines at some point in time. I had to replace them though since the fittings were shot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

John Hendrix

Reaction score
Lines to go has them and you can get them overnight shipped.

I have personally used these guys and their products are awesome. They will fit exactly like the original equipment and install into all factory retaining clamps. You will not be disappointed!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't realize those were factory on my 88, I just figured someone had replaced the hard lines at some point in time.
Yepper:waytogo:, they're clamped on/behind the bell housing. You can reach the clamp from below on driver's side.
You must be registered for see images attach

JonP

Reaction score
I replaced my lines from the engine to the pump filter included and the evap line with a kit from Gas Tank Renu more than a year and 10,000 miles ago when the fuel pump quit and I had to replace it. My truck is a 1998 K1500 extended cab. I was able to remove the original line set completely intact, due to the rust/corrosion basically welding the connections together, with a multitude of pinholes being exposed in the removal process. The kit came with everything and all I had to trim was the connections to the filter which gave instructions and fittings to adjust for truck length. These kits from this supplier are backed up by their original application for fleet municipalities police and maintenance trucks in highly corrosive environments. And they look new today as they did when installed. The problem I saw with my original line set was the connections between the flex lines and the tubes were corroding away at both the front and rear, plus the steel to steel in the middle.
I have also used their kit for the 90 K1500 on my Chevy/YJ Jeep using
TBI 4.3/700r4/NP231 for drivetrain with a 90 suburban fuel pump.
You must be registered for see images attach

JonP

Reaction score
Follow up - picture is of the factory line set, the renu kit was just under $150, they do sell kits for just one end with the common split point being the filter. Ends are terminated with metal connections at the engine, which were bent correctly and quite literally routed and bolted up as if original.