Front big brake upgrade, again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

realsquash

Reaction score
Looks nice. I'd like to see your build thread on this aside this brake thread.

I don't have a build thread. Maybe I'll do one sometime? I think it's a pretty unique build.

What's your background btw?

I have a shop with all the fab equipment I need. A few CNC's, welders, etc.

Actually, I was speaking as to the way it mounted, not that a Camaro rack should be used. The rack I was getting measurements off of was the GMT800 rack, which should be close depending on how and where it is mounted.

IIRC the GMT800 rack is way too long... Mounts and tierods are the easy part :)

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My nosing around reveals that the track width for a GMT400 is in the 63.5" range where the GMT800 is around 65" so the rack shouldnt be too wide.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Going to drop a snippet of an email I have from little shop mfg in TN. regarding the lower ball joint.

--
We commonly drill the bottoms of those spindles to flip the balljoints from the factory direction to the bottom (making it a drop spindle) and the joints we swap to are the Moog K6445 lower like what's on on 88-98 trucks.

--

Part number for the 2015 aluminium knuckle are:

22760659 and 22760658

Hopefully this helps someone.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. I am curious to see not track width but where all this puts you in relation to the fender on the truck afterwards. I want to run the oem 2014 rims too and stock on these is way too narrow without spacers. This will widen it no doubt but I wonder by how much

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk