Dually conversion brake help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Betty

Reaction score
So I bought a converted 1988 dually…. The guy I got it from said he just swapped the rosters off the 1994 that he used for a doner. Now I’m having problems with the front end. I put new uppers and lower control arms on and had to swap ball joints . Went to do the brakes now it seems that calipers are wrong. I’m guessing the rotors are thicker on the dually. I bought new shoes and I can compress the calipers enough. So I bought a new caliper for the c3500 srw. That’s what the guy said was on it. My thought is the shoes are not going to work because the thickness of the rotor, im going to have to change the steering knuckle and caliper for the 1994 drw any thoughts or advice?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Download the service manual set for your vehicle from the links posted on this site.

It'll tell you what brake option code came with which rotors/drums. You'll have to measure the parts that came on your truck to see what option code they were, and then order parts to suit.

For the record, the friction material on disc brakes are "pads". "Shoes" are for drum brakes.