Front Axle issue? Dumb question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bushing gone shouldn't make it bounce n skip around. More likely just clunk on/off the gas. Check ur gear ratios. Does it do it going in a straight line? If so then gears don't match, while turning it's something in the front diff.

CBenZ71

Reaction score
bushing gone shouldn't make it bounce n skip around. More likely just clunk on/off the gas. Check ur gear ratios. Does it do it going in a straight line? If so then gears don't match, while turning it's something in the front diff.

Not just the bushing. I think the entire chunk of the housing has broke off along the top. It does fine in a strait line, but I do know that the rear gears were changed to 4.56. I hope they changed the fronts when they changed the rears but I am not 100% certain.

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah missed that lol. Kinda hard to see in other pic. Need a diff for one. It might have a locker in the front, only one that is available for the bigger IFS diff.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It does fine in a strait line, but I do know that the rear gears were changed to 4.56.

You must be registered for see images attach

If it rolls (idles) in a straight line without coming to a stop then the front probably matches.

More evidence of someone being in there is probably that missing chunk. Best guess is they dropped it trying to manhandle it back into place.

Previous owners can be really awesome sometimes.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
If it rolls (idles) in a straight line without coming to a stop then the front probably matches.

More evidence of someone being in there is probably that missing chunk. Best guess is they dropped it trying to manhandle it back into place.

Previous owners can be really awesome sometimes.
The PO right after dropping the front diff: "Runs great, just recently serviced the front and rear diff! Regeared to 4.56 and runs like a top. $12k OBO. No lowballers I know what I got."