Front Drive Axle Clutch Shaft part numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wws944

Reaction score
I need to replace this part in my '96 K1500 Suburban. However when looking at the parts diagram, there are two part numbers listed. It is #16 on the following diagram:

The two part numbers listed for #16 are #19121908 and #19121909. But there is no description of the difference between the two. And there is no part number on the broken part.

Anyone know the difference between the two? Or suggestions of which I should order?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's " GM parts giant " , there website is easier, more complete to understand.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Hope this helps, gas engine right? That's what I entered. Good luck.

wws944

Reaction score
It is a gas 5.7l engine. Has GU6 (3.42:1) gears.

Interestingly I put in my VIN, and it came back with the 19121908 part number. When I typed in the 19121909 part number, it said it was not compatible with my vehicle. I still wonder what the difference between the two is. But at this point, I'll just order 19121908.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you enter the vin, it gets the basic year and body group, and the serial number. It looks at GM records , it knows what it is , what parts are applicable. The other shaft could be for a 2500 or 3500. Without doing a "what's this fit " it's a guess.
If not good a parts searching or catalogs use the vin enter on GM and ACDelco.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One shaft might be for the 8.25" front axle; the other for the 9.25" front axle. Difference? Probably length, at the least.

GM Parts Giant is always my first go to, although I will compare it with Wholesale GM Parts Online to be more certain.