Forged lower control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I used a press on mine. I was able to do it without freezing the bushings or heating the arm though that would probably make it easier.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did mine and used two large sockets and a threaded rod to push the bushing in. Make sure to clean up the bores on the lower A arm and remove any burs or high spots.
Also, take a small piece of angle iron and put to between the gaps in the bushing holes on the lower arm. Or when you go to press or push the bushing in you will bend the ears on the A arm. I put a yellow line on the location of the support you should add before you press the bushing in place.

You must be registered for see images attach
This. All thread, washers, sockets.

Tom Nassar

Reaction score

Before I got my shop press, I did mine (1998 K2500 Cheyenne 7.4L) with a heavy bottle jack and a strong door jam. I laid the jack on its side and used the door frame combination as a hydraulic press. It slid right in. I shimmed it just like you would on a vertical press.

Last edited:

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Before I got my shop press, I did mine (1998 K2500 Cheyenne 7.4L) with a heavy bottle jack and a strong door jam. I laid the jack on its side and used the door frame combination as a hydraulic press. It slid right in. I shimmed it just like you would on a vertical press.
I have been thinking about what could i use to put it up against and use a jack to push it in and this is a great idea i may have to give it a try, thank you for the idea