Forged lower control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before you try to put them in make sure you have them aligned the correct way. Found that out the hard way and had them backwards but they were poly bushings so I didnt have an issue getting them out.
I’ve been worried about that but i’m pretty sure i got them in right, also what do the poly bushings look like for the lower arms? I’ve been trying to find some but not sure whats right

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Probably with a press or balljoint press rented from the parts store.

I wonder if a big c-clamp would work. If it takes ball joint press kind of pressure I think it's just going to deform the rubber bushing. I wish I would have done mine back in 2007 when I had the front end all apart. It's the one thing I didn't replace.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wonder if a big c-clamp would work. If it takes ball joint press kind of pressure I think it's just going to deform the rubber bushing. I wish I would have done mine back in 2007 when I had the front end all apart. It's the one thing I didn't replace.
Well i did get the front lower bushing all the way in except like 1/4 of an inch in there with my hands, a torsion bar tool and some grease it was a pita and now i gotta figure out a way to get it the rest of the way in

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

You press on the outer shell. That's how I did the LCA bushings on the wife's Pontiac and uppers on my Camaro.

Reaction score
I just did mine and used two large sockets and a threaded rod to push the bushing in. Make sure to clean up the bores on the lower A arm and remove any burs or high spots.
Also, take a small piece of angle iron and put to between the gaps in the bushing holes on the lower arm. Or when you go to press or push the bushing in you will bend the ears on the A arm. I put a yellow line on the location of the support you should add before you press the bushing in place.

You must be registered for see images attach