Forged lower control arm bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
X2 on using grease. I way over greased the poly bushings to make sure they didnt squeak

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
This is the correct bushing orientation. I took a picture for future reference lol

View media item 32214

Great job on those control arms. Did you blast them, or just scrub them before paint? What paint did you use and is it holding up well?

I blasted mine and the no longer availble BPS Red Oxide primer from TSC holds up great, but the top coat I used did not..... I used an asphalt fence post paint.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Thanks, I sanded the arms with one of those sandings disks that are sand paper pieces on a wheel, almost like a flapper. I primed them with self etxhing primer through a rattle can and then painted them with rustoleum paint through a harbor freight spray gun.

I havent checked the arms but I painted the tow hitch with that and its holding up great other than it fades. Have you found any top coat that is durable?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Thanks, I sanded the arms with one of those sandings disks that are sand paper pieces on a wheel, almost like a flapper. I primed them with self etxhing primer through a rattle can and then painted them with rustoleum paint through a harbor freight spray gun.

I havent checked the arms but I painted the tow hitch with that and its holding up great other than it fades. Have you found any top coat that is durable?

I haven't really tried. When I rebuilt the front end again I just used some undercoating from the body shop supply store, knowing it would need it again periodically. I have been quite surprised to see the primer holding so well.

I did get my receiver powedercoated around that time, and it's flaking off and rusting again. Both receiver and control arms take a beating in the winter.