Fog lights on k1500..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have two cheap fog lights on my font valance(spoiler) and i have all my headlights converted to hid...the cheap lights look like crap with the nice crisp hids above them. I dont think i can convert the $15 fog lights to HID so i figured i would try to find OEM fog lights and try mounting them in the valance. Has anyone done this or do you think its possible? Thanks!

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see that... but I dont see how i could rig the ballast and everything into the cheap lights...They are just the simple light to switch to power.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or go the cheaper route with out risk of melting you fog lights which I'm guessing are plastic and go with the xenon halogen bulbs. Really they are just blue coated bulbs but look a lot like HID's and are cheap but lasts.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I edited my above post.

I would rewire the lights using a relay and then power the ballast with the relay. I wouldn't use the switch and wiring that comes with those cheap lights.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really wanted to do this but since I have a bad habit of off roading in my 2X4 I figured I just bust em out the next time I used a ditch to spin around on a back road.

tdslay12

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for that link. Do they make those fake HID Xenon bulbs for H3? I think i might just go that route if the blue tint matches decent

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea I got 6000k in my dims and they got a blue tint to it but not a major amount, I can only run so blue of lights because our town cops are strict on it.