Fog light retrofit with led pods or bars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, this is my first post even though I've had my truck since birth basically. But i was wondering if anyone has taken the bumper/fog lights out and replaced them either with a set of rigid duallys inside the housings or a complete swap for a double row light bar or something. I basically only use this truck for off-road use when I'm out hunting or riding the backwoods. I have searched and searched but can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. I just want a different and more clean way of adding more light. Hopefully someone has a write up or has done this before. I plan on using amber halos or some type of switch back leds for blinkers if the pod/bar swap is possible. And I included a picture for the heck of it haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 97

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And also if anyone has any led pods or bar mounted anywhere besides the roof, or on top of their bumper is the usual areas, I'd love to see those too. Something flush mount maybe. Basically anything unconventional or custom.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Marlin, ca t remember his username has his inside his bumper, I have a set of flushmounts I'm gonna be putting in my rollpan and I have see one truck with the park lamps removed and led bars installed there

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of either replacing the whole set of lights like you are saying, or maybe just using a Dremel tool to cut the back of the housing to get some to come in from the back side to retain a clean look. And I thought about the flush mounts in the bumper, I'm just afraid of mud caking up on them and ruining them. I do want to figure out a way to flush mount some into the front of my mirrors though. Just worried they may get too hot inside there.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
heres some lights inside the grill... there just cheapy LED bars but they work (they flash in case i get called in (voulenteer firefighter))

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not LED's but you could easily do the same... Notched the bumper for the mounts.

You must be registered for see images attach

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those both look pretty good. I have a brush gaurd that I plan on putting something like a 24" or 30" light bar, whichever will fit the best, in the center of it. Just seeing what other options are out there that can sort of be up higher off the bumper away from mud, water, limbs, and whatnot. These things are too expensive to leave too exposed on a truck that sees the woods as often as mine does.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I was thinking of either replacing the whole set of lights like you are saying, or maybe just using a Dremel tool to cut the back of the housing to get some to come in from the back side to retain a clean look. And I thought about the flush mounts in the bumper, I'm just afraid of mud caking up on them and ruining them. I do want to figure out a way to flush mount some into the front of my mirrors though. Just worried they may get too hot inside there.

I doubt flushmounts would fit in mirrors, they are pretty deep

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt flushmounts would fit in mirrors, they are pretty deep

I knew there's be a catch to it somewhere. I haven't done much research on mounting depths, temps, or anything. Just had a couple ideas come to mind and seeing what you guys could chime in with more experience that I have. Thanks.
And those look good in the bumper. Do you have problems with mud or debris getting on the backs? My bumpers usually have 90lbs of mud caked in them haha.
And does anyone have any ideas on how to get some light pointed out the side of the truck? I like to go shinning for deer and can't always hold the spotlight but I definitely don't want to miss Bambi's dad if there is a way to get some light thrown out that way. Maybe some small flush mounts in the sides of my toolbox?