how to wire fog lights to fog light switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T1najero

Reaction score
im new to this forum and looking for some help / advice . i have a 1996 k1500 and my bumper has fog lights that aren't plugged in, i also eventually wanted to get a bull bar with a light and wire it into the fog light switch and i bought it from ebay for like $50 and now im just noticing people sell it with the harness but for like 300 bucks , is there anything i could do / any wiring harness i could get to make it work or do i waste my money like an idiot and need the $300 one . sorry if i sound stupid , im clueless to how it would work , i had a close friend / mechanic who him and i who would always work on my vehicles and were going to do everything but he sadly passed away this past weekend. thanks for the help in advance .

Attachments

• Picture2.jpg
    Picture2.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 23
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Nah you got the right fog light switch lol. They're all the same in that style, there's also one with a horizontal orientation that's quite a bit more rare. But electrically they're the same.

T1najero

Reaction score
Nah you got the right fog light switch lol. They're all the same in that style, there's also one with a horizontal orientation that's quite a bit more rare. But electrically they're
ya i didn't know they were rare i only found this 1 on ebay and no others besides the one i mentioned . how am i able to wire it up?

lhoop32

Reaction score
im new to this forum and looking for some help / advice . i have a 1996 k1500 and my bumper has fog lights that aren't plugged in, i also eventually wanted to get a bull bar with a light and wire it into the fog light switch and i bought it from ebay for like $50 and now im just noticing people sell it with the harness but for like 300 bucks , is there anything i could do / any wiring harness i could get to make it work or do i waste my money like an idiot and need the $300 one . sorry if i sound stupid , im clueless to how it would work , i had a close friend / mechanic who him and i who would always work on my vehicles and were going to do everything but he sadly passed away this past weekend. thanks for the help in advance .
Check out this thread. It helped me when I wired mine up. I bought a factory set off a Z71 Tahoe on ebay so my switch had the pig tails and I just had to wire up the open ends.