1995 to 1997 Fog Lamp Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are using this diagram? See power from headlight switch through brown . Fog lights to " on" , connects power to yellow out to fog lamp relay. Have continuity " C " to " A" with switch " on" ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409-024426.png
    Screenshot_20240409-024426.png
    441.1 KB · Views: 5

383mazda

Reaction score
What does this connection do? Any idea? How come your switch only seems to have 1 LED?
That resistor is there because the light bulb for the foglight on light is so small I think.
The foglight illumination light is lit up through the dimmer switch and is on any time you turn parking or headlights on, just like the rest of your instrument lights.
The switch on indicator light (small yellow one in the center of the PCB) comes on when your foglights are on. I forget how the factory wires them in, but you're correct in that the foglights only work depending on the position of your headlight switch.
I've got an aftermarket headlight harness that runs off relays (rather than running through the headlight switch) and keeps all 4 headlights on with high beams. This is done with 3 relays. I ran a 4th relay for my foglights and bypassed the headlight switch altogether. I can turn my foglights on anytime the key is on no matter if my headlights are on or off. Bridged the high beam relay to my foglights so the automatically come on with my high beams (even if the foglight switch isn't pushed on). I still get the little indicator light on.
To do this with your switch you need to run the two main switch wires (A and C) through the firewall and up to a relay under the hood somewhere. Use those two wires to trigger your relay, then run new wires to power your foglights through the relay.

J_T_Beal

Reaction score
Are using this diagram? See power from headlight switch through brown . Fog lights to " on" , connects power to yellow out to fog lamp relay. Have continuity " C " to " A" with switch " on" ?
Yes....this is the one schematic I have from volume 1 of the service manual. The excpetion on this is that I dont want the headlight status to impact the ability to turn on the lights. I am pulling from a contant battery source

J_T_Beal

Reaction score
So take a look at this and see if this might work.

Attachments

• New_Pic.jpg
    New_Pic.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 5
  • New_Pic_2.jpg
    New_Pic_2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 5

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The diagram you posted was for instrument lighting.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then just take power from distribution center " powered with key on ".

J_T_Beal

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what the second spring connector is for? There is no soldered connection point under the spring to connect with it is pressed down by the physical switch. No idea on this one. Not sure I need it for what I am doing but I still cant figure it out. The back lit IC view confirms there is nothing in the substrate to connect to.

Attachments

• Second_Spring_Connector.jpg
    Second_Spring_Connector.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 2
  • second_switch.jpg
    second_switch.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
  • blacklit.jpg
    blacklit.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 2