FiTech EFI for 350 TBI/Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
EDIT: I was wrong...

Watch this video at about the 2:27 mark (
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
). He shows where the injectors are mounted in the TB unit. They look to be removable, just need to figure out what they are and get higher flow ones.

Last edited:

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking into the cheap Fitech 400hp for 795USD, it can not be used to control timing. Looks like i'm going with a HEI with mechanical and vacuum advance since the old distributor has 150k miles on it and i will have to swap out the distributer gear anyway.
But, i will still need to control lockup. I should still be able to use the stock computer with a custom TPS and control lockup? I will also need a new bracket for TV cable geometry, i've seen guys on youtube using a modified holley bracket.

similar to what im doing with my engine

joe yuhaus

Reaction score
did you ever get the TPS to work?. I was wondering if the the one from summit that got a on the linkage and uses the factory gm plug would work on a Fitech. if whatever come with the fitech didn't

Reaction score
I'd just run the fitech or other brand throttle bodies that allow timing control. like fitech go efi 600. it will control timing with a modified tbi dizzy or any bog standard 2 wire hall effect dizzy. I'm using Edelbrock's ez street efi 2 with timing control and i love it.But you will need to run a switch or something for converter lockup. Or as a wild card run fitech's 400 hp system with no timing control and use a MSD 6al-2 to control timing

Reaction score
I'm still using the stock small block TB over a 383 with 80 lb/hr injectors and 18 psi fuel pressure and it feeds the beast just fine. Although I do have a big Block TB ready to go when I can find a carb intake for the TBI heads. I looked really hard at adding Dynamic EFI to my stock 1228747 ECM to do the tuning, but decided to swap it for a 16197427 PCM from a '95 C2500. There are more tuning resources available for the newer PCM.
Try edelbrock 2104. or most of these. https://www.summitracing.com/search.../year/1987?N=4294949621+4294921304+4294950300

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yeah I had looked at the 2104 and a Summit brand intake, but picked up a bored out TBI intake from another member here. It never made it on the engine though. Now the truck and all those parts are for sale because I bought another truck with a 6.5L TD.
Ewww. Keep that thing away!

Derick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought I might revive an old thread. I put a fitech system on my 92 using the stock computer and distributor for timing. Gotta say it runs pretty damn good.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought I might revive an old thread. I put a fitech system on my 92 using the stock computer and distributor for timing. Gotta say it runs pretty damn good.
You must be registered for see images attach

How did you keep the stock dizzy?