first time tinting tailights went bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i tried to tint my tails today and it all went bad the third brake light and the passenger side tail went perfect the driver side just looked like ass it all cracked up with little spider web cracks so now i get to strip it back down and redo it what a day:banghead:

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Well, as they say, practice makes perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Did u scuff them at all? And clean them with a degreaser?

:word: this helps a ton! Also with vht ive found that you canT let it totally dry between layers or itll crack, i spray a few light layers at a time and let it stand for about 3-5 mins till its kinda dry but still sticky and do a good layer of clear coat then another light layer of vht and repeat till you get your desired darkness.

Vht is tricky to make look good but with trial and error ive made it look a hell of alot better than the first time i used it, i can get it glossy looking instead of the dull black look

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured it out the driver side tail has hairline cracks all over it will just have to put my aftermatket tails back in till i can get another stock tail