FastOrange: 1970 LeMans Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have had this car for years, nearly 15 years now, have never really done anything to it. we currently have UNDER $600 into it.

The car is a 1970 Pontiac LeMans Sport, one under the GTO, it is like the Malibu is to the Chevelle, Skylark to GS, etc.

Car is a factory, Bucket seat, Console, 4-speed, 400, WS6, 12-bolt car

Car currently has a 455 Buick, TH400, the WS6 stuff and 12-bolt are still there.

The car sat like this for years until i bought a windshield used last year.

You must be registered for see images attach

Eventually i bought the windshield and the car moved to the other side of the yard.

Last week i bought a bumper and had it shipped up, i haven't bolted it on yet, but its sitting there, changed whole look of the car!

You must be registered for see images

I have now won a auction for a dash bezel and have a wiring harness coming.

pulled the car out, fixed the hood springs and put on the driver side mirror, plan on getting the 455 running tomorrow.

That is it for now.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Cool car! Knew you had it, but never knew 'what' it was. Would of been a killer sleeper when it was new. People expected the GTO's to be the street sweepers, 'cause they knew what they were. But a GTO drivetrain, the WS6 suspension & a 4 gear wasn't the norm for a Lemans! The wife was the one that drove those, with a six-banger or a 326!

Aaaahhh!!! This is a thing of beauty! Trailing arm 4-link, 12 bolt posi, & a factory sway bar!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
got her running today, even used the gas tank! dumped gas in her and used 2 fuel filters, worked great. Until the rad went :(

but she runs like a sewing machine, and wow you can feel how snappy and torquey she is, going to be fun!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, even though this is a smogger 1975/1976 455, it had 210HP and 355FT/LBS factory! In 1970-1972? they had 510FT/LBS! Most of any production muscle in that era!

Sent from my Igloo

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Cool car! Knew you had it, but never knew 'what' it was. Would of been a killer sleeper when it was new. People expected the GTO's to be the street sweepers, 'cause they knew what they were. But a GTO drivetrain, the WS6 suspension & a 4 gear wasn't the norm for a Lemans! The wife was the one that drove those, with a six-banger or a 326!

Aaaahhh!!! This is a thing of beauty! Trailing arm 4-link, 12 bolt posi, & a factory sway bar!
Non-Posi sadly, but she is a rare one! Lots of people say the 12-bolt wasn't available on a LeMans, but I had found the build sheet and it was on their! But my mom threw the sheet out!

Sent from my Igloo