fading paint spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorthorn79

Reaction score
I have the three spots on my bed and cab that are balding sort to say. I have tried everything almost but the color just is not coming back. It might be the clear coat or something is gone, but I have no idea of what to do? look at the pictures and let me know?
You must be registered for see images attach

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
looks like someone tried to fix some scratches. if u have a buffer id get a cotton wheel start with coarse buffing compund work it, then get a foam pad use a finer compound, last get another foam pad and u can machine glaze it. if this doesnt help the clear maybe fading

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If that doesn't work you can buy primer, base, and clearcoat from paintscratch.com in spray, can, or pens

Mik3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone wet-sanded in those spots it looks like. I'm assuming you don't have a $500 polisher like I and many other polishing freaks.. so... go to walmart and get Meguiar's "Ultimate Compound". This stuff is one-step. Just rub it on the areas using a microfiber waxing pad or cloth. Maybe two or three applications should clear that up.